Tuesday, November 25, 2014

homemade brigadeiros


Tis the season for entertaining and what better way to show friends and family how much you love them by making homemade brigadeiros! Brigadeiros are a Brazillian sweet treat, kind of like a truffle (think fudge meets a bon bon) and they are just about the easiest thing to make! 
In a sauce pan, combine cocoa, butter and condensed milk.
Cook over medium heat, stirring until thickened and shiny (it took me about 10-12 minutes)
Remove from the heat and let cool or refrigerate to speed up the process.
Once cool, use a melon baller to scoop the mixture and shape into balls.
Roll each ball in sprinkles, powdered sugar, nuts, coconut, etc.

A box of brigadeiros makes a great hostess gift or even a party favor or you can just eat the entire batch yourself :) 




10 comments:

Livia Kizli said...

Are you brazilian Alisa? I'm asking cause i am (a brazilian, a fan, and a brigadeiro lover also, haha) and i got curious when i saw the post title!

Elisabetta Brustio said...

mmmm.... gnammmm..... so sweet!!!!

ladylyn said...

I lived in Brazil for four years as a child! Brigadeiros are still one of my favorites! So easy, so decadently, addictingly delicious.

Jo Murray said...

Too easy! This looks like even I could make them...thanks.

Brig said...

What a great gift for friends. Thank you. Just wondering how the pink, yellow and brown "powders/sprinkles" are made. Is it just sugar that's been coloured? I'd love to know so I can add some colour as well. I'm looking forward to trying them myself! They'll have to be eaten REALLY quickly here (Perth WA, Australia) as Christmas time temperatures average around 36 to 40º in December/January. What a shame ...Hee hee!

Anonymous said...

hello!
what a great idea!It's seems to be so sweet and not too difficult for me .
thanks for the sharing!
nath59france.

Jackie PN said...

oh my yum!! I think I just put on 5 pounds reading about these!! ") Happy Thanksgiving Alisa!

Tif said...

I have everything to make these at home. I think I may whip up a batch tonight!! Thanks for the fun recipe!

Anonymous said...

They look beautiful! How do you store them - do they need to be refrigerated?

Unknown said...

Wonderful photos, posts.. You inspire me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails