Saturday, January 29, 2011

a peek

IMG_7031
I am here at CHA and as promised I am taking all of you inside! First I wanted to share some work that I did months ago for the iLoveToCreate booth. On top of doing demos for iLoveToCreate this weekend, back in the fall they also asked me to create two "racing themed" outfits for their racing themed booth (one using only fabric markers and one using only dimensional paint). Though I can quickly and easily come up with all kinds of creative ideas, I have to admit the racing theme was challenging at first but FINALLY after thought and planning I finally came up with two outfits that turned out really cool! And what was even more cool was seeing them on styled mannequins on display in the booth! Here is a peek-

IMG_7005
I used Tulip fabric markers to completely alter a canvas motorcycle jacket with lots and lots and LOTS of doodles and drawings.


IMG_3233
Here is the jacket in the midst of creation in my studio. TIME CONSUMING to say the least!


IMG_7012
And here it is all finished in the booth!

IMG_7036

IMG_7010


The second outfit was made completely with dimensional paint. I used a plain white button up shirt and TOTALLY covered the entire surface with dimensional paint.


IMG_3236
This was probably the messiest, most challenging project I have tackled in a while! Here it is halfway through creation. (sorry for the bad photo!)


IMG_3321
I added all kinds of dimensional details like lines, dots and checkers.


IMG_3322

IMG_3323
I added patches to the sleeves made with dimensional paint.


IMG_3238
I used a jersey mini skirt and covered the ENTIRE surface with black and white checkers.


IMG_3324

IMG_5279
And here it is in the booth!


IMG_5277

IMG_5278
While these are obviously more "novelty" outfits and I can't imagine wearing them- it is really fun to see just how far one product or supply will go in a project. More to come!

29 comments:

Jamie Fingal said...

That is one amazing jacket! You are incredibly talented and have alot of patience to draw everything on that jacket - it is a wonderful work of art. Thank you so much for sharing this. I am missing not going to the CHA show this year. Have a tremendous time!

Anna Schüler said...

I love it, its georgious!!! Wish you all the success in the world for your creations.
Greetings from germany

Giggles said...

Many artistic indy kids would wear them for sure! Love love love the jacket...if I were young and thin...I would hit that up in a minute! Great job!

Ariadne said...

I am sure a celebrity would wear them since they are one of a kind!AriadnefromGreece!

Janie Husband said...

amazing..........

Jennifer said...

WOW! This took A LOT of work...looks wonderful! Very creative!

Bee said...

These outfits are so creative! I especially love the jacket. So much FUN!! Have a great time CHA!

Janet Ghio said...

The jacket made with the markers looks just fabulous! But what a ton of work!

Sherry said...

Your creative talent knows no bounds...and that is what I love about you -- you accept a challenge, and you work "with" yourself, not against yourself to make it happen. Brava...those outfits are incredible!

Leslie said...

Oh gosh, I love it! I went to CHA years ago when I managed a scrapbook store and I have to say that I felt like a kid in a candy store.

Have a blast!

Teddi said...

u ms. alisa R 1 fabulously artistic maven of inspiration! i adore what u did with the clothing. rock on!

Teddi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Krista said...

Time consuming for sure but so awesome!!!

grayzeee said...

WOW! That detail is amazing! They turned out fantastic. Kudos to you for finishing such an enormous undertaking and for keeping your sanity intact!

Laura said...

Wow great work! Time consuming, I'm sure, but totally worth the effort in the end! These are amazing works of art - thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

OK, gotta give it to you....those two pieces are incredible. The jacket is super cool and that shirt had to have been quite an undertaking given the materials you had to use. You are quite the crafter and my hero. My dream is to be as creative as you are. Cudos.

C Pohl said...

AAAAmazing....to say the least...your art is fabulous...i would definately wear the jacket

thank you so much for sharing!

C

Carmen said...

And I can't see a smudged fingerprint anywhere! :P Love these - the jacket is amazing and the shirt looks like a leather boker jacket now!

Susan said...

Absolutely amazing! I live near Daytona Beach Florida, home of the Daytona 500. I can see lots of women wearing this, also the motorcycle crowd our city entertains each year. Fantastic! You need to let NASCAR know about this. Put a few driver's wives in these ensembles, and you have a new career.

Tawny said...

Oh wow! Both outfits are so colourful and full of awesome! Terrific job!

cindy said...

This jacket is incredible. I've been sewing for forty years and have never seen anything quite like it. I love the way you did the inside part that shows. It flows together so nicely. Excellent job! Cindy

Art Camp for Women said...

You took this challenge head on! What a FUN FANTASTIC jacket!! It's a tribute to your creativity, design and color sense, not to mention patience for detail...you are one creative woman! Thanks for sharing and inspiring all of us.

cindy said...

This jacket is amazing. I love the way you managed to cover even the inside surfaces that show. It flows so nicely and doesn't look tacky like many of these types of projects look. I've sewn for forty years, but have never seen anything quite like this. I love it.

Sarah O. said...

Wow! Those outfits are both beautiful and amazing. Obviously, you put a lot of work into each outfit and they are truly works of art! Kudos!

Jodi Ohl said...

What a fantastic job you did on this project-I can't even imagine how long it took you to do!! All the pieces are works of art that you should be very proud of! The I Love to Create peeps had to have been just overjoyed with how it came out!

The Little Bird said...

Hello Alisa,
I've loved your blog since i found it.. there is an epic post i left somewhere when i did find it.. not sure if you've come across that one yet, but anyway, I'm excited about your shop ideas with your mum, the preview looked quite exciting..
I know you're really busy but as one of my absolute favourite blogs,
I am awarding you the stylish blogger award!
To pick it up there are a couple of things you need to do -check out my blog post
here: http://littlebirdinabeehive.blogspot.com/2011/01/stylish-blogger-award-winners.html

Kathleen Kibblehouse said...

Project Runway has nuthin on you!

Anonymous said...

Do it anyway! Why should the skinny kids be the only ones enjoying this stuff. Teach them a thing or two.

Rice Paper said...

I love your reply. *high five*

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails